FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I book a vehicle?
An instant quote is provided on our website. To get yours, you only need to follow these steps:
- Visit our Book section.
- Select the dates and times on the calendar and choose the vehicle that best suits your trip and group size.
- Select the pick-up and return locations.
- Select any extras you might need, check the total price and press "Continue".
- Fill out the form with your personal information and contact details.
- An advance deposit (15%) is required to complete the booking. This amount is shown on the website and automatically calculated by the system. The amount is deducted from the total cost.
- You will be redirected to a secured payment gateway provided by Borgun Ehf.
- Fill in the details of your credit card and press "Pay." You will then receive a booking confirmation e-mail and a payment receipt. Please be sure to check your spam folder as well.
- NOTE: Vehicle collection and return services are restricted to certain times depending on the type of vehicle. Such information will be clearly displayed when selecting the vehicle, right below its picture.
We look forward to seeing you in Norway!
What should I keep in mind when booking with Motorhome Norway?
- The minimum age to rent a camper is 21 years old and 25 years old to rent a motorhome. At the time of rental, the driver must present a valid driver's license which has been held for at least one year.
- The minimum rental period for campers is five days. For motorhomes, the minimal rental is one week. A notice will appear on the booking if these conditions are not met when selecting your dates.
- You will have to rent the vehicle for a minimum of three days (camper) to one week (motorhome) depending on the vehicle. The reservation must be made at least 72 hours before the pickup date. During high season, bookings should be made at least four days in advance.
- Besides paying 15% of the total cost of the booking online, you will also need to pay the remaining balance of the rental to the provider 30-60 days before the rental starts (only motorhome). Payment information will be provided once the booking is confirmed.
- The fuel tank should always be returned with the same fuel level with which it was handed out.
- Motorhomes vehicle preparation requires more time compared to a regular car. Therefore, in some cases, our suppliers may not be able to guarantee the pickup/drop off of the motorhome at the client’s requested time. Should Motorhome Norway be aware of this, immediate notice will be provided.
What is included in the rental price?
- Unlimited Kilometers. However, the driver should not exceed 400km per day (only motorhome).
- CDW insurance.
- Kitchenware (only for campers)
- WiFi connection (only for campers)
- CD/MP3 player. USB connection (only for certain models)
- Local taxes.
- 24/7 breakdown assistance.
- Additional insurance.
- Additional drivers.
- Additional equipment available in the extras section.
- Fuel, fines and fees incurred during the rental.
What additional insurance do you recommend?
On the booking page, you will be able to select extra insurance.
We recommend SCDW (Super Collision Damage Waiver) / GP insurance, which lowers the CDW excess. For detailed coverage information as well as excess, please visit our Terms and Conditions.
What documents are required to pick up the rented vehicle?
- The ID of the renter (passport), original driving license of the driver (which should be at least one year old) and a valid credit card. The credit card owner can be any traveler as long as they are present upon collection.
- f you included any extra driver on your booking, please ensure the relevant information is filled out in Step 2. Extra drivers must bring their original passport/photo ID and driving license.
- It is possible to drive all of the vehicles that we offer at www.motorhomenorway.com with a category B driver's license.
- Driving licenses of EU countries and International Driving Licenses are all valid in Norway. Driver's licenses (category B only) from countries outside the EU and Nordic countries are all valid if printed in Latin characters or if they are in English, Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish.
- A credit card must be presented as a guarantee for your rental. A deposit corresponding to the insurance excess will be held upon pick up.
If you have any questions or concerns about our rental process, you can contact our Customer Service.
Can I rent a camper or motorhome during the winter months?
Yes, however, only certain models are available during the winter season. Availability can be checked on our booking page. If you need further assistance, you can contact us at email@example.com.
How to get your vehicle after arriving at the Airport?
- You will receive a PDF confirmation once your booking has been confirmed. Seven days prior to the beginning of the rental, an informative e-mail with the address and directions to the office will be sent.
- At the office, you will be provided a Rental Agreement. After signing it, the vehicle will be given to you.
- Our agent will provide instructions on how to return the vehicle.
- We have specific times for pickups and returns for all our motorhomes. Therefore, when booking your vehicle please make sure to pay attention to these times.
We do try to accommodate pick up and drop off times to suit your request, but we need to receive the authorization from the supplier. This is due to the vehicle’s scheduled cleaning and required maintenance check-ups before your trip. In case of delay, should Motorhome Norway become aware of this, immediate notice will be provided.
What are the most common causes of accidents and damage to vehicles when driving in Norway?
- Bumper damage is common.
- Speeding could cause you to lose grip on gravel and mountain roads.
- Stray animals could be on the road.
- Icy or unpaved roads could result in loss of grip or traction.
- Not paying attention when driving because you are observing the scenery.
- Exhaustion because the summer daylight hours are long.
- Car door damage from opening them during high winds.
- Driving on flat or punctured tires.
The Atlantic road has lots of curvy dips and arches which could result in crashes during storms.
Do you offer roadside assistance?
All customers have access to 24/7 roadside assistance. The phone number is included in the rental agreement. You have to call them, and they will be there ASAP! In case of an accident dial 110 (Fire), 112 (Police) or 113 (Ambulance).
Can I cancel my reservation?
- Yes, of course.
If the cancellation is requested 30 days before the beginning of the rental, the deposit will be the cancellation fee (15% deposit payment).
The following cancellation policy applies to Motorhomes 2, 4, Luxus and 5. There will be no refund of the online deposit for canceling the booking of Motorhomes 2, 4, Luxus and 5.
A detailed cancellation policy is available in our Terms and Conditions.
Can you advise me on the best car to suit my needs?
Yes, of course. We understand how hard it can be traveling to a new place that you are unfamiliar with. We have a group of agents who are trained to provide you with the best vehicle recommendations based on the factors you tell us about your trip.
Additionally, we have information to help you with your decision on our website. If the information provided does not answer your questions, do not hesitate to contact us directly.